What’s your daily/weekly regimen?
Saleemah’s Personal Weekly Hair Regime
1. I shampoo my hair weekly with Hydratherma Naturals, Gentle Amino Clarifying Shampoo or the Hydratherma Naturals, SLS Free Moisture Plus Hair Cleanser to remove product buildup (1st lather).
2. I then follow up with Hydratherma Naturals, Moisture Boosting Shampoo or our Hydratherma Naturals, SLS Free Moisture Plus Hair Cleanser (2nd lather).
3. I then deep condition with Hydratherma Naturals, Moisture Boosting Deep Conditioning Treatment or Hydratherma Naturals Amino Plus Deep Conditioning Treatment (I alternate conditioners weekly). I use the Hydratherma Naturals Cordless Heating Cap for 15-30 minutes, comb through with a wide tooth comb then rinse. Since I give myself a light protein treatment every 2 weeks with Hydratherma Naturals, Amino Plus Protein Deep Conditioning Treatment, I do not use heavy duty protein treatments. For extreme deep conditioning, I add a the Hydratherma Naturals Hair Growth Oil to my hair / scalp in addition to the deep conditioner. I cover with plastic cap and then deep condition with heat.
4. After washing and deep conditioning with the Hydratherma Naturals products, I section my hair in 4-6 sections. While still wet – to each section, apply the Hydratherma Naturals follicle mist (scalp / new growth care), protein balance leave in conditioner (protein), daily moisturizing growth lotion (moisture) and seal with the hair growth oil (sealer). This keeps my hair balanced with protein and moisture.
5. I style as usual. Roller set, twist out, braid out etc. with our HTN Naturals, Foaming Sea Silk Curly Styler or the Botanical Defining Gel for extra hold.
What are your staple or favorite products?
My favorite products from our line are the Daily moisturizing growth lotion, Protein Balance Leave in Conditioner, and the hair growth oil. I use these products daily to maintain a great moisture/protein balance in my hair during the week. This prevents breakage during the week and keeps my hair super soft.
Do you have favorite go-to hairstyles?
Currently, we are doing a 20-week protective style challenge so I have been wearing many protective styles lately. I have never been a big protective style wearer but I am in love with protective styles now. I love protective updos, braids and twists. My favorite protective style is “temporary protective locs”. I have always wanted the look of locs but was afraid of the commitment. This style gave me the look of locs without the commitment.
I think that locs may be in my future.:) If I’m not wearing protective styles I typically wear braid outs. That is my staple style.
Tell me more about your product line.
Our product line is called Hydratherma Naturals. We are available online and in retail locations. Our website is http://HealthyHairJourney.com.
What made you start this business?
I started out as a stylist in the 90’s and I noticed that many of my clients would come to me with hair that was constantly breaking and dry. We would use moisturizing treatments on their hair and their hair would do well for a few months and would eventually start breaking again. We then would use heavy protein treatments and the same would happen. I noticed back then that the hair had to be balanced with protein and moisture to prevent breakage. Once that balance is achieved the hair would thicken up and length retention would occur. I couldn’t find a hair product line on the market that would balance out the moisture and protein levels in the hair. This is why I started the Hydratherma Naturals Line. Our line is designed to balance the moisture and protein levels in the hair. If used over time the hair would fall into a nice balance of moisture and protein. This leads to overall healthier hair.
What are your bestselling items?
We have 3 top sellers in our Hydratherma Naturals product line. Our Hydratherma Naturals Daily Moisturizing Growth Lotion, Hair Growth Oil, and our Follicle mist. We always recommend these products to those who have problems with severe dryness and thinning areas. These products will keep the hair soft and well moisturized. This leads to less breakage, increased thickness and length retention.
If anyone is thinking of going natural, GO FOR IT! We have some great transitioning tips on our www.HealthyHairJourney.com website that would be very helpful to those transitioning from relaxed to natural.
Owner, Hydratherma Naturals
Healthy Hair Journey Enterprises L.L.C.
SAY GOODBYE TO DAMAGED, DRY AND LIFELESS HAIR!
HEALTHY HAIR CAN SOON BE YOURS!