Enjoy this media release from Young Republic!
Fusing Fashion & Philanthropy – Wild Soul Sunglasses
It’s not every day that we get to do what we love for a living whilst also being a shining light to those in need. To most, achieving just one of the above would be enough. But not for Marc Battipaglia and Andres S Beker who created philanthropic fashion label Wild Soul Sunglasses in November 2012.
“Wild Soul was created on the premise that there are causes greater than our own that can and must be supported. We are dedicated to giving supporters of Wild Soul a platform to help the causes that are close to their heart.“
Wild Soul‘s range of sunglasses which are all named after untamed animals (the Lion, the Owl, the Elephant, and the Rhino) help customers “be wild” while helping them “fulfil their soul”, giving a portion of each sale to a charity of the customer’s choice. “We decided the best way to succeed was to allow the customer to choose where their money will go.“
Each pair of sunglasses are meticulously crafted after the intricate features of the animal whose name they carry and are available in several rich and earthy colors using quality materials. But it wasn’t always an easy road for Marc and Andres to get their vision off the ground. After meeting in college, the pair became instant friends and knew they both shared a passion for design while incorporating charity and giving back into everything they build.
Manufacturers backing out, website designers who could not accurately portray their vision, delayed and lost shipments, all the while balancing work and law school, were just some of the obstacles that were trying to throw them off track in their quest to fuse fashion & philanthropy. However these hurdles couldn’t stop the duo.
Today, their mornings begin with emails being sent from Argentina, updated tasks lists in New York City, and their days coming to a close with orders from the other side of the world. Marc and Andres’ willful persistence has shown that passion for a cause can overcome the biggest of hurdles. They have successfully bridged the gap between fashionistas and philanthropists worldwide, affirming that there is a little Wild to everyone’s Soul.
- Wild Soul – http://www.youngrepublic.com/designer/wildsoul.html
- Young Republic – http://www.youngrepublic.com
- Spotted Ivory Elephants – http://www.youngrepublic.com/men/accessories/sunglasses/spotted-ivory-elephants.html
- Blue Elephants – http://www.youngrepublic.com/men/accessories/sunglasses/blue-elephants.html
- Yellow Elephants – http://www.youngrepublic.com/men/accessories/sunglasses/yellow-elephants.html
- Tortoise Lions – http://www.youngrepublic.com/men/accessories/sunglasses/tortoise-lions.html
- Black Lions – http://www.youngrepublic.com/women/accessories/sunglasses/black-lions.html
- Earth Rhinos – http://www.youngrepublic.com/women/accessories/sunglasses/earth-rhinos.html
- Emerald Rhinos – http://www.youngrepublic.com/men/accessories/sunglasses/emerald-rhinos.html
- Black Rhinos – http://www.youngrepublic.com/men/accessories/sunglasses/black-rhinos.html
- Tortoise Owls – http://www.youngrepublic.com/men/accessories/sunglasses/tortoiseowls.html
- Black Owls – http://www.youngrepublic.com/women/accessories/sunglasses/blackowls.html
- Spotted Ivory Lions – http://www.youngrepublic.com/women/accessories/sunglasses/spotted-ivory-lions.html